Do you run any sort of business that touches on tourism? Are you offering a destination for tourists, or a guide that visits places to wonder at?
Outreach Ecology can help you to create a pathway to wonder- a scientific monitoring and outreach program that you can share with, or involve your clientele in. In collaboration with your site-specific knowledge, and using both new and traditional research methods, we will develop a value-added product that brings the ecology into eco-tourism.
- A map to explore Mumbai, by visiting some notable trees in the city downtown. Travel Map: Bombay’s Tree Treasures Link: TreeMapMumbaiDraft.pdf
- A travel article for exploring the Rocky Mountains in Idaho, USA Bar-Ness, Y. (2010). Crossing the Crown of the Continent. GoNomad, June, 2010. Link: TheIdahoPanhandle_CrossingtheCrownoftheContinent.pdf
- Materials for download for the Fort Cochin Tree Trail, Kerala, India Tree Trail Resources for Fort Cochin, Kerala, India (Documentation and mapping of local tree heritage of Cochin, Kerala, India) Link: FortCochinTreeTrailMaterials.zip
- An outreach article aimed at Indian schoolchildren encouraging them to recognize the diverse nationalities of urban trees Bar-Ness, Y. (2010). Travel Around the World With India’s Trees. WWF-India PANDA Magazine Link: PANDATravelAroundTheWorldWithIndiasTrees.pdf
- A report produced for Agumbe Rainforest Research Station, Karnataka, India Bar-Ness, YD, & Page, N. (2009) Agumbe Rainforest Research Station Permanent Sample Plot Establishment. (Report for ARRS, Karnataka, India) Link: AgumbeRainforestResearchStation_OutreachEcologyReport.pdf